How to convert Opera Mail to Thunderbird or how can I import Opera Mail MBS file to Thunderbird are some common questions asked by the Opera Mil users. Since Opera mil is losing its popularity, more and more people are willing to opt for another free email application which is Mozilla Thunderbird. Now if you are one of the people who want to import SBD file to Thunderbird, read this blog till the end. Here we will describe one foolproof solution to your query. But before that, let us discuss the reasons behind this email application migration.
Why Do People Move from Opera Mail to Thunderbird
There are many reasons behind the migration from Opera Mail to Thunderbird. Here we are enlisting only a few major points:
- Mozilla Thunderbird offers regular version update and other bug fixes. On the other hand, Opera Mail does not provide Technical support anymore. This is the top most reason why people want to move to Thunderbird from Opera Mail.
- In Thunderbird people can easily perform data sync without wasting much time. In Opera Mail, the whole process is a lengthy one.
- In Opera Mail, secured message signing feature is not available while in Thunderbird, this feature is present.
Wondering What is MBS File?
We have got the answer for you. MBS file is a type of MBOX file created in Opera Mail. This file stores Opera email messages and can be imported in other email applications during migration.
How to Import Opera Mail MBS File to Thunderbird
If you want to move Opera MBS to Thunderbird, there is only one method for you and that is divided into two parts. First, you need to save Opera Mail data in MBS file and then, access that file using Thunderbird after importation.
Part 1: Extract MBS File from Opera Mail
- Launch Opera Mail and select the necessary folder.
- Right-click on that folder from the left panel and click Export.
- When the options appear, add a name for the file and Save it on any location.
The first section of the method is done. Now you need to move to the second part.
Part 2: Import Opera Mail MBS to Thunderbird
To perform this part, you need to take the help of Thunderbird Import Wizard which is a third-party tool. Since the ImportExportTools NG does not support MBS file import, users literally have no other choice than to use this utility. However, you may read to know how to install ImportExportTools NG for other purposes.
- Download and Install Thunderbird Import Wizard on your computer.
- Click on Add File and navigate to the location of .mbs file and select it.
- Click on Open to add MBS file in the software. Click on Next.
- If users want, they can set a date filter to import selective Opera Mail data.
- Select the profile from Identities list.
Note: In case someone selects an IMAP configured account as the destination Identity, the tool will ask to select Local Folder. Once the Local Folder is chosen, importing will take place successfully. After that, you can put the imported folder into the preferred IMAP account easily by dragging.
- Click on Import button to start the data migration process. The tool will also display the live progress of the migration process.
- When the migration is done, you will get notification message.
More about SysTools Thunderbird Import Wizard
This is a one-stop solution when it comes to importing MBOX files in Mozilla Thunderbird. This tool works as the savior for the people who wants to migrate Opera Mail MBS file in Thunderbird in absence of manual method. This tool swiftly imports complete data of MBS file including email attachments. Besides importing the subfolders of MBOX file, the tool offers features like selective import based on date filter. The folder structure and data integrity are kept intact after data migration. The software also offers complete data loss free import which is essential for Thunderbird users.
This article mentions the most preferred approach to import Opera Mail MBS file to Thunderbird. There is no manual method available for this data migration, so users need to take the help of applications such as Thunderbird Import Wizard. The tool can easily to move MBS file in Mozilla Thunderbird along with all of its contents.