Have you decided to go to Rann of Kutch 2019? Do you want to see the desert of India’s Thar? Seen in your favorite TV series or film premises of Kutch. Do you want to feel everything? The best time to visit Kutch is Rann Utsav, a perfect place for a week-long vacation or for a quick weekend break.
SEE THE BEAUTY OF KUTCH
Kutch’s Greater Rann of Kutch in Gujarat is the world’s largest salt desert. The Rann Utsav, which has many thousands of people flocking to it during the winter, isn’t known only for its lovely White Sands but also for its annual fest day. You may be short of adjectives describing the natural beauty of the Kutch, the picture-worthy cultural lens, a multitude of forms of art and a food paradise. Although the winters are cruel in the wilderness, it’s time to embark on a journey that celebrates music, culture, food, and life.
RANN UTSAV STARTING DATES
The Utsav begins this year on 28th October and ends on 23rd February 2020.
INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT RANN UTSAV
- Are you aware that Rann Utsav is a yearly festival organized by the Gujarat Tourist Department in winter?
- The festival starts in October and November in early winter and ends in summer in February.
- Dhordo in Kutch, a small village in Gujarat, becomes the target of a temporary town. During this time, more than 2 lakh tourists visit Kutch worldwide, increasing each year.
- The house visitors covering an area of 5,00,000 sq. mts will be issued over 350 tents
- To visit Kutch near Indian frontiers, you should have a Government pass. The passes may be collected from the check post for Bhirandirya.
- The white sands of Kutch lose color when the Utsav ends in February.
Rann Utsav where locate
Tent City, located 85 km from Bhuj, is a town built just for the Dhordo Village festival and offers tourists the possibility of experiencing the sublime beauty of the rustic Kutch.
Spread over a 5-lake area, you can do a lot, whether you want to visit the town of Kutch or check out crafts made by local craftsmen. Then Kutch Rann Utsav provides also the opportunity to try out many adventurous sports.
Gujarat’s Magic: Gujarat has a number of notable places on most bucket lists, but Rann of Kutch in Gujarat certainly ranks among the top during winter.
With its 1,2078 sq. m in the Thar Desert, this quiet topographical marvel is an exceptional salt marsh that provides a gleaming view on white sands across the horizon. Yet you know that the white sand is underwater until the locals get ready for Rann Utsav 2019?
Looks like nature gives you an idea of its beauty only if you intend to celebrate life in its various forms. The Gujarat Tourism Board ensures that you build memories that you enjoy throughout your life. The Rann Utsav in Gujarat is a combination that you should not skip, from sumptuous traditional food to artistic and handicraft shopping. Learn all from your folk dances and craft, white sands to star-scoring and many other adventures under the moonlight. From AC cottages to Rajwadi Suite, you can enjoy your holiday with luxurious facilities.